- Don't offer junk. Don't make it easily available at home... most kids can't drive to the store!
- Hungry kids will eat what's offered. Let them get hungry between meals. No grazing.
- Not every food group will be eaten at every meal, so use the day to space foods to incorporate a range of nutrition over time. Think of snacks as mini-meals.
- Keep meal time fun.
- Enforce "Taste a bite without a fight" after 3 years of age.
- It's okay to be tricky and fun: add pureed vegetables to things, use yogurt or hummus dips, put food on a stick, arrange food into fun shapes, be creative.
- Juice is not a food.