Dr. Stuppy, mother and pediatrician, shares her personal reflections on various topics related to pediatrics and keeping kids healthy. Writings and ideas do not constitute medical advice. Please see your doctor for specific medical advice. @pediatricskc
By accessing and browsing this site you voluntarily agree to the following conditions and policies. Using the site has the same effect as if you have signed a physical agreement. If you do not agree, then immediately exit this site and do not use/browse.
By accessing and browsing this site, you agree to the following purpose, terms, and policies. Under no circumstances will the author, Kristen Stuppy, MD, or Pediatric Partners, be liable to you for any direct or indirect damages arising in connection with use of this site. Posts/links are not a substitute for personalized medical advice from your provider.
Opting to participate with this site by commenting on a post will result in your user identity being able to be viewed by other participating site members. Your participation will NOT be confidential.
The purpose of this blog is for medical education only. It is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice. Information posted should not be construed as personal medical advice. Posts are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. The goal is to inform the audience for strictly educational/entertainment purposes only. Postings are not meant to be the only source of medical decision-making for your family. By accessing this site, you acknowledge that there is no physician-patient relationship extended between you and the author.
All posts are the opinion of the author and not of her employer/partners. Similar to printed materials, the information posted may become out-of-date. There is no obligation to update posts.
All information is modified to protect patient confidentiality in strict compliance with HIPAA. Case examples do not follow real cases.
Direct messages, emails, or personal requests may be disregarded by the author. If you need personal assistance, direct contact with your medical office is needed.
This site is accessed by the public. Consider your comments carefully. Do not include any information that you deem as personal or private. Do not post any information that can identify any specific person or their health history. You are responsible for the content you post.
Hyperlinks to external websites do not constitute endorsement. Sites are not verified or endorsed, and the author does not take responsibility for the accuracy, currency, completeness, or quality of the content contained in these sites. Links are provided to support or clarify statements made in the blog, but the author of the blog cannot take responsibility for content on outside links.
Quest for Health is written by Dr. Stuppy of Pediatric Partners, PA. It is not affiliated with any other Quest entity or Quest for Health organization.
PEDIATRIC PARTNERS, PA SOCIAL MEDIA SITE POLICY
1. You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any Social Media Site.
2. By leaving comments, posting images, reviews, discussions, videos, stories, or other personal information on Pediatric Partners social media sites, you are agreeing to have your image and/or identity published online. You acknowledge that this information is of public domain and may be viewed by anyone. Should you have concerns regarding your privacy, it is advised that you not post any personal information to the social media sites of Pediatric Partners. You are prohibited from posting any personal or private information about any other person that might identify that person. You are prohibited from using the Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary by non- Pediatric Partners physicians or to use the Social Media Site to make, recommend or increase referrals to physicians who are not employed by Pediatric Partners.
4. As a guest posting content to any Social Media Site on the internet, you agree that you will not: violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in Pediatric Partner’s discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non Pediatric Partners services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
5. Pediatric Partners reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. Pediatric Partners may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in Pediatric Partners sole discretion. You understand and agree that Pediatric Partners may disclose your communications and activities on social media sites of Pediatric Partners in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Pediatric Partners rights. You agree that in the event that Pediatric Partners exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Pediatric Partners will have no liability to you.
6. By posting any content on any Social Media Site, you grant to Pediatric Partners the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any Pediatric Partners purpose.
7. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold Pediatric Partners and its corporate affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys' fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to a Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
8. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website AND THE INTERNET cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. Pediatric Partners does not control the THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information OR OTHER CONTENT and, therefore, Pediatric Partners DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. FURTHERMORE, Pediatric Partners DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE.
9. You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on a Social Media Site on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Kansas without regard to its conflict of law’s provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Johnson County, Kansas District Court and/or the United States Federal Court located in Kansas City, KS.
10. You may not provide any content to a Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
11. THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN, USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, Pediatric Partners suggests that you review the Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.