Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lawn Mower Safety

This time of year a lot of us must mow twice a week to keep the grass under control.

I have already seen kids in my neighborhood who are far too young to safely mow pushing the lawn mower. Each year I cringe at the sight of kids taking on this responsibility too soon! 

I often see a parent mowing with kids playing near by. 

Thousands of children are injured by lawn mowers each year. They lose limbs and life. This is entirely preventable.

Last week I drafted this picture to quickly show a few safety tips.  It was popular on our Facebook page, so I wanted a more "permanent home" for it. 

Please feel free to share!



For more tips, see the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeon's page on Lawn Mower Safety.

Original picture altered from Shutterstock.