Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lawn Mower Safety

This time of year a lot of us must mow twice a week to keep the grass under control.

I have already seen kids in my neighborhood who are far too young to safely mow pushing the lawn mower. Each year I cringe at the sight of kids taking on this responsibility too soon! 

I often see a parent mowing with kids playing near by. 

Thousands of children are injured by lawn mowers each year. They lose limbs and life. This is entirely preventable.

Last week I drafted this picture to quickly show a few safety tips.  It was popular on our Facebook page, so I wanted a more "permanent home" for it. 

Please feel free to share!



For more tips, see the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeon's page on Lawn Mower Safety.

Original picture altered from Shutterstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment